Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I used to be a Thespian



If you ever ask me, you'll find the name of the play that coincided with me changing my college major from Theatre to Psychology was...

The Blue Room

(I’m not scared)
You see but a part
of the whole.
(I’m not alone)
Sometimes I just fight for a role
I can't play
(I’m not damaged)
And then I just…
Shake my head
(I’m not weak)
I come to my senses quickly
I adapt
(I’m not “fragile”)
I am
who I grow to be
(I am not your foolish assessments)
So you will never
never know me
(I am not your judgements)
unless you let me in
But I've known you before
(I am not your past)
And you may think
you’ve got a box for me too.
(I am not your friends)
But I’m not her.
Save your comparisons
(I am not your future)
Walls
precluded your entry
(I am no one you know)
Suppose I should say
I’m sorry
(But I’m not)
I didn't build that wall.
You did.
(and I don't forget easily)


No comments:

Post a Comment