Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cat eyes

You don’t
You don’t want the dark
In your life
But it’s here, baby.
It’s me.
The black is inside me
Buried here
In this cold dirt
And the light around me
In a strange white
Halo
Doesn’t make me an angel
But it does mean I’ve
climbed higher
than you ever will.
While you
pretend
you know me,
I won’t tell you
where your murky depths are
or why.
Because you look at me
like I’ve done something
Wrong
Wrong
I’ve done plenty wrong
But that tunnel has
a glow
at the end of it
And I met that brightness
With my head up
Proud
If you’ve never seen the
facedown blindness
of night
You can't really appreciate your sight
You think you know what’s right
You can’t fathom evolution.
Growth
You have
never  
been there.
And I won’t let you tell me
as if you have the answer
I’ve known this long.
And all the talk
All the dreams
All the concessions,
All my confessions,
Yes.
I am the puzzle piece.
And you can either fit it together
Or keep it apart
I’m closer to something
Here
Than I’ve ever been.
So go ahead.
Pull the trigger.
But I will never
Never
Never
let anyone
shame me
for nature
again.
And I choose to live in the luminous
now.
But when you get lost
you'll have to call me
Because you see,
I see
better
in the dark
than you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment